.

.

maandag 27 april 2020

Coronavirus, overall.

Coronavirus, overall.



I, here in Portugal, also have to deal with the Coronavirus. My daily activities take place in the area where I live. And I only come, to the village, once a week to do much needed shopping. In this rainy time, the vegetable grows like cabbage. And the river, which I pass twice every day, fills the reservoir with unprecedented amounts of water. Yet I realize, that this new reality, may take a long time. It is already mentioned the economy, one meter and a half, and I wonder what it does to us. No more shaking hands. No more  hugging. Waving at each other and an elbow kiss, because there is no other option, is just allowed. Telling a joke, what, what everyone  is good at, is lost due to the extreme distance that is needed for that. How long should it go, until we can get back together. I do not know. And the infection can strike at any time, because the signals, that indicate that you are infected are also not clear. You think, I don't have it now, and then suddenly, you do. And then the condition, which counts, and the age. I'm about eighty years old. Eighty is beautiful, we used to say, when you were driving on a back road, but now it starts to itch, when I think about it. And are we going to hold on, that economy one and a half meter, or will we huddle back together when the rules are relaxed? And then the circus starts all over again. The fact is that we are going to get it all, that corona. But not all at the same time, like now. But the virus has built into our existence, we cannot escape that. And an antivirus injection will take a long time. How do you anticipate?
I think we should learn to live with, as little travel as possible. That we should think about growing our own food. That cities must be dismantled because they are unsafe. The countryside will be repopulated. The craft will gain interest again, and the economy will again focus on self-development, whereby the fellow man will no longer be seen as an exploitation object, but, what he or she is, the fellow human being.
But how do you pass the time, if you live in a secluded home, no one is allowed to come by, and boredom strikes. Are we going to call everyone? Gossip about neighbors, acquaintances, relatives and friends. Are we finally going to read, see T.V., or are we going to think how it can go, further? Because there is also a good side, to the story. Before the industrial revolution was a fact, a society was quite used to behaving in its loneliness. They knew no better. We have it in our genes, as it were. Look to the piece; How green was Marx, except for it. So it is indeed about keeping a distance, not touching people again and again, because it is the right thing to do so, or because it is fashion. Fashion itself, too, places unheard of demands on materials and possibilities. The redundancy of the use of things like food, packaging, transport and services will have to be reduced to what is necessary. And the coronavirus, and the economy, one and a half meter, will regulate that. It is one or the other. And after this virus, there will be another one, because we travel too much and hang together too much. As a world we have become too much intertwined, and we now have to pay the price for that.
The many are not good, but the good is many. If we include this in our daily actions, we will make it.
I can now endlessly engage in reading, looking around me, talking to my cat, writing pieces and listening to my inner self. What do my thoughts say, and what do those thoughts say about another who is not there now? Who else can I talk to, because you exist in the eyes of someone else, but I'm still there. I can tell by the letters I type. Do I end up with the other person? Am I coming across, and what am I coming across?  These are the questions, we have in common today.
What does this have to do with composting? Laterally, of course. When I take my walk, especially in the morning, I measure the temperature, of the hay compost heap. It is now 25 degrees, the outside temperature is still 15 degrees, so the bacteria in the hope are still busy. If the heap temperature is equal to the outside temperature, I can move the heap from bottom to top. Where the garden is. The garden also keeps my attention, as do the weeds, the butterflies and caterpillars.
I also come across various things during my walk, especially when I walk along the river. The young fish, who do their best to grow up by eating. The turtles that are sunbathing on a stone. And when I come over and make some noise, they dive into the water. The Flore de Steffe, which shines with large, white flowers in the shiny green. The area, where I will mow, when summer arrives, is now full of flowers. And especially the Poppies, which are glowing orange between the culms. It's a joy to watch every time

What makes life pleasant here today? I think, that I like having so much space, at my disposal. That I don't have to share that with others. It may sound egoistic, but I might as well share it with a neighbor. It's more about sharing with others remotely. Being in nature, dealing only with yourself, also being able to save yourself, and offering help to others, if necessary, is an important part of that.

Nature comes to you when you are quiet, when there is no sound, when you are not making any noise. I notice that the birds, when I am very close, only notice me. Only then, will they fly away.

If you asked me now, do you always want to live like this? I would say yes, but I would like to have someone else around me. But that is not possible now, and that is how I am together with all those others, just as alone, as all those others, who are also alone, together.



Hendrik :).

Geen opmerkingen: